Hi Ladies, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we have to change our date and venue to 24th & 30th June at The Hub Singapore (http://thehub.sg/).
For those who have registered prior to 5th June, we will be sending an email to notify you of the changes. Please indicate if you are still able to attend the new dates.
In order to manage the quality of the instruction and to ensure that all participants will benefit from the session, we may control the number of attendees for this workshop. Priority will be given to participants able to attend both dates.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
– The SG Geek Girls Team
The Singapore Geek Girls Community will be holding a Design Series to introduce basic Adobe tools for practical web design. Held over 24th (Sunday) and 30th June (Saturday), these sessions will provide a place where all questions are OK and everyone can learn in a supportive environment. This crash course on Adobe tools will enable participants with little or no experience to be able to pick up skills like navigating
the adobe photoshop program, text design and logo creation.
There will be guest speakers at the sessions to share some experiences on developing design sensibilities. Stay tuned for more updates.
This series assumes no technical background. Beginners are welcome!
Who should attend:
– Ladies only.
– Participants should have a keen interest in learning basic Adobe skills and design sensibilities.
– In addition, do note that this series will be carried out over 2 sessions. Participants who are able to commit to both dates will be given priority.
– Participants should come prepared with their own laptops with Adobe Photoshop (CS6 is strongly recommended) installed on it. A trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS6 can be downloaded here.
What you will know
by the end of both sessions:
– Able to identify and recreate basic web elements like typography, logo design, web buttons (i.e. inactive, hover and active states)
– Utilise the pen tool to create geometric and free-form shapes
– Create intermediate designs like ribbons and badges
– Understand the concept of minimalistic website creation
– Able to slice images for web purposes
– Access online resources and discern their functions.
Dates: 24th and 30th June 2012
Time: 10am – 4pm
Venue: National Youth Council Academy
113 Somerset Road
Link Here. Do sign up by 15th June.
About Singapore Geek Girls
Singapore Geek Girls is local initiative that serves as a platform for females to connect, share, contribute, mentor and learn from each other. We want to empower the next generation of women in technology through fun, informal and interactive activities!
About our venue sponsor, The Hub Singapore
The Hub is a brand new co-working and event space that aims to be the home to startups and social enterprises. The events hosted here are designed to inspire and instill purpose. They’re just getting started and they are the Singapore Hub of the global Hub network of 32 cities around the world. A mere 2 minute stroll from Somerset MRT, and a 10 minute walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT, it is the cheerful red building opposite *SCAPE and next to Triple One Somerset.
Do visit their Facebook Page as well for regular updates!